Saturday, April 3, 2010

Lamp Makeover at the Bay

Well, here we are at The Bach at the Bay for Easter and I have decided to do some bits and bobs around the place. The first thing was tarting up my Vinnie's lamp base. I bought a basic white Freedom Furniture lamp shade and popped it on - with a new bulb as well, of course ...


It doesn't look bad on the desk with my bird feathers. But I felt it needed something extra. So, I cut up a beautiful 2010 butterfly calendar to get individual butterflies ...


And I stuck them to the shade as if they had just flown in on a summer breeze and landed there (or something like that!).


Not bad, don't you think?


My next projects involve limewash paint and some sealer - which is all rather scary considering I've never limewashed a thing in my life. But something up here is bringing out the crafty DIYer in me. Is it the autumn sun or the sea air? Who knows and maybe it'll all be a disaster. But I reckon there's no harm in giving it a go.

Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Very springish! I am not sure what limewash paint is, but it does sound interesting...Will look forward to pics of the result.

    Smiles and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you ..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails