Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Dutch Kitchen

I can't decide if I like this kitchen or not.

pc_200211_03
I've always loved the idea of a clutter-free, minimalist, all-white kitchen (although how one can maintain this with kids, I don't know??) but this one -  a newly renovated apartment in Amsterdam by Hofman Dujardin Architects - seems a little too stark for my liking.


Yet I love that the large central island is the kitchen, plus the amazing floor-to-ceiling windows, the comfy looking dining chairs, colourful table centrepiece and the timber floors.

But I'm not sure about the light. It's as if some weird spider-like alien is about to land.

What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. The light is ridiculous. Other than that, I think the kitchen is great. Lots of space for kids to move about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - not sure what's happened to the first image! In it's current state, it is definitely taking minimalism too far! Will try to rectify.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good and I think the lamp works because everything else is so minimal...however there is not enough bench prep area for maximalist cooks like me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love white kitchens and no clutter and this looks nice and open but yes maybe a little stark. When I get the white kitchen I like I am planning on Jarrah bnech tops for warmth. G

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how they have tried to add some extra interest in the white minimal room. But perhaps another oversized light may have been more successful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the light! It looks like it doesn't take itself too seriously. And you could have great fun moving all the arms around.

    Rest of the kitchen is pretty cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, will the light eat the small children if the mess up the clean space?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love white kitchens and the lighting is interesting. I would totally put a spider-like-lamp in my kitchen:) Enjoy your day
    Kisses

    Ps: I’m hosting an EmersonMade GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for spring:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the choice of cabinets - very clean and simple. I agree with you on the light, though. I've seen it work before, but it always spooks me out a little with its spidery-ness. I don't like it here at all.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you ..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails