Sunday, May 23, 2010

Snapshots of the New Abode

Happy Sunday everyone! Today, I thought I'd share a few snapshots of our temporary abode. As you can see I am still the girl in the brick house - albeit a house with painted bricks of a very soft greenish-grey hue which hasn't been picked up so well with the camera - and one with a very nice stained glass front door.




Made a home for our North Sydney Street sign (bought legally not nicked in the dead of night, I might add!)


It's a Federation-style house that, fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view, still has some of its original features. Like the old pull cord light switches ...


Which are fine except when the silver toggles come off after a gentle pull and are near-to-impossible to put back on.



As many of you know, I love lights and this house features some original or replica versions that, although  suit the style of the house, aren't totally my thing.



The ceiling decorations are truly decorative and ornate - as seen in the living room above and the hallway below.


But the best one is in the master bedroom! I don't mind the chandelier but the rest is pretty OTT. I'm not even sure what the proper term for it is (suggestions anyone?). Maybe if it wasn't painted mustard yellow, it wouldn't be so bad ...


Thanks for dropping by - we're off for a walk now ...


4 comments:

  1. WOW, what impressive lighting and ceiling roses! Our old house had a lot of spot lights installed and all original lighting removed (except a daggy light in the laundry). We are slowly changing them over and replacing ceiling roses :)
    Having said that, I do like a punch of contemporary amongst tradition.
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, of course , they're called ceiling roses! Thanks Sarah. Except I think the one in the bedroom is a ceiling garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so great...What a beautiful blog...and the dog is so cute! Thank you so much for following me ..I am following you too:)
    You are so sweet:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you ..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails