Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Design

It's Valentine's Day this weekend and while I don't exactly subscribe to it, there's nothing wrong with a little love and a weekend away with one's loved one any time of the year. The Robert Restaurant has recently opened atop the Museum of Arts and Design in New York City and has a distinctly Valentine's day feel to it, don't you think?

The name belies what lies beneath with its funky decor and hot pink colour - I think you could have a fun night here!

Then you could follow it with a night or two at the Luna2 Private Hotel where the decor is interesting and certainly doesn't look like a hotel room.

... which in a way it isn't as it's a private five-bedroom house on a beachfront in Bali, Indonesia designed by American architect David Wahl, with interiors by owner and interior designer Melanie Hall.

But as I can neither whisk away to New York or Bali this weekend, I'll have to put them down on my wish list of overseas destinations I'd love to visit one day with my Valentine!

2 comments:

  1. The only problem with Valentine's Day is that the chances of finding a babysitter on that evening are zero! But if my house looked like the Luna2, that'd be just fine with me! Love that Osborne and Little retro wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm with you there re sitters but a night in can be just as fun - I guess it's as much about the atmosphere as the decor!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you ..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails