Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Up, Up and Away: Study

As promised, here are some more pictures of the second floor - primarily, the study which is off the entrance way and next to the master bedroom and ensuite.


This is one of those ones where you really have to have a good imagination!


Basically, a built-in desk will run under the window to the left (which will be my work space) and then all the way along the far wall where there will be another two work stations. The long window is a lot higher than I thought it would be so we'll need to carefully consider the window treatment for privacy and blocking out the afternoon sun. The room will also be narrower than it looks in the picture ie around about where the wheelbarrow is will be the ensuite.

Image: Desire to Inspire via Apartment Therapy

 

This is kind of how I envisage my 'space' to be: wooden floorboards, thick white desk top, shelving up the wall and a large window with a leafy view to look out of. There will also be a pendant shade but centred in the room and probably in a fabric by Cloth to match the retro S.H.E armchairs we already have that will both hopefully fit in the space as well. Have no idea what sort of desk chair I have. At the moment I'm using a dining chair - white, leather swivel from Freedom which is actually quite comfy and would probably suit the space.

2 comments:

  1. I like your inspiration image and the centred pendant light is very cool. xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you ..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails