Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Miles of Tiles

You can't go wrong with a fab tile or two but just look how they can make a difference ...


I love everything about this corner of a room - from the chair to the sideboard. But have a closer look at the picture: it's an oil painting framed in mirror mosaics. Who would have thought to even do that?!

Image 1 & 2 from Living Etc

What a great way to use up a collection of mis-matched tiles and aren't the colours pretty?

Image from Belle Maison

Beautiful kitchen splashback.

Image by photographer James Braund via The Design Files

Striking, aqua-black (if there is such a colour!) glossy tiles on the splashback and metallic (almost) looking floor tiles with really interesting furniture make this essentially plain, neutral kitchen come alive!

9 comments:

  1. Tiles lend themselves to such a myriad of uses. Love the pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mismatched tiles in the bathroom are gorgeous. I love the colours they have used. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane,
    I especially love the blue-black combo.
    If you pop over to my blog, you'll see that I've nominated you for an award celebrating your creativity and beautiful wisdom... http://www.giftsofserendipity.com/2010/09/title-of-this-blog-gifts-of-serendipity.html
    x Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that kitchen splashback. Looks great teamed with the stainless steel bench top. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second and third tiles are amazing..I love them sooo much!
    Kisses my dear
    Happy 1st day of September

    ps: I am hosting a lovely GIVEAWAY, so please join in:) ...I bet you will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that mixed up splah back! that's genius. jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look fabulous. I especially like the florally splashback but I'm not sure I would be that daring :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that mismatched tiling in the bathroom. So clever and different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the backsplash in the kitchen. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you ..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails