Saturday, January 30, 2010

Time for Tea

I love a good cup of tea, don't you? And I also love the look of a traditional teacup with matching saucer and plate - a little bit floral, a little bit quaint and sometimes too good to drink from. My dear friend, Jane, gave me this gorgeous fine bone china set for my birthday at the end of last year.


Getting it out the other day reminded me of some fabulous lights I saw in a recent Australian House and Garden magazine - pendant lights made from teacups and saucers ...

Designer Gregory Bonasera has turned vintage teacups literally upside down and created a quirky, modern take on a hanging light. His Electric Mavis Lights (even the name is perfect!) can be hung on their own or in sets of three and have a low voltage fitting. You can buy them at Melbourne's Tongue + Groove Interiors.
I have to say I love them so much I'm now trying to decide whether they'd suit a contemporary home - I certainly love ecleticism but would they work? Maybe three over a kitchen island bench or one in a guest toilet. Then again, are teacups and toilets are a good fit? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you ..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails