Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rumpus-Living Mood Board

I am SO excited because I have finally found out where to get this vintage union jack flag-inspired cushion, a picture of which I cut out from a magazine (can't remember which one)
and stuck on a picture of the sort of sofa I'd imagine it sitting on in my
mood board folder of ideas and didn't note its source. Doh!


Rule #1 - if you like something, keep a picture of it and note where it comes from.


So then, when I read a recent post by Sarah from Palatial Living, I was overjoyed to discover the cushion I love is made right here on Sydney's Northern Beaches by two new-to-the-scene homeware designers Jacqui Lewis and Kelly Searl.

Their 'industrial vintage' wares come under the brand Pony Rider and are fab! Plus, they are featured in the March/April 2010 edition of Vogue Living - which reminds me, I must go out and buy it (even though I have been trying show restraint in the magazine buying area .

You see, my idea for our rumpus-cum-living room (which will also house hubby's longed-for pool table) was to have a charcoal and red theme with a fun play on our English and New Zealand heritage and Australian connection. So, have a grey sofa a bit like this one ...



With cushions in fabric with a dash of red, from Pony Rider,


NZ-inspired ones with Pohutukawa flowers and Tui birds from Ingrid Anderson Textile Design (click on link) and some in fabric like this from Cloth with the Aussie Currawong ...


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you ..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails